Friday, September 3, 2010

Watch Out For Earl!

Thursday morning while taking Ethan to the bus stop for his third day of school, my phone beeped with a text message from my dad.  He sent me the name of a freelancing website that I might like and told me to watch out for Earl.

I stood there dumbly looking at my phone wondering who this Earl was.  Was he some scammer or something on the website?  Ethan saw me staring at my phone and wanted to know what was going on. 

"I have no idea who Earl is or why I should look out for him but Papa says to so I will," was my answer to my equally confused five year old.

Only later did I realize how this was truly one of my "not the brightest crayon in the box" moments.  I turned on the computer and checked the news when I got home and realized that Hurricane Earl is currently threatening most of the East Coast and though we are a couple hours inland from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, my dad was still concerned for me.  And I was concerned for some weird, sociopath type person named Earl on the website he recommended lest anyone think I am anything too special.  I guess that website is safe after all so thanks, Dad, for the tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment