Thursday, July 15, 2010

Concept Grasped, Execution Elusive


It was one of those days. 

We've been potty training for months since we thought Luke was showing signs of readiness at 18 months.  I thought we were making progress especially since Luke appeared to be capable of going by himself and just needing help to get dressed again afterwards.  So, in a busy moment, I told him to go and that I'd be there in a minute.

This is what I found.

He was so proud of himself for being able to go in the big toilet instead of his little potty that he has been using.  Luke thought the most reliable way to make it into the toilet was to sit in it.  I mean, what else is that hole for anyway, if not to get in it?

It's one of those moments where, as a parent, you don't want to encourage the behavior but you can't help but laughing... and breaking out the camera.  And then taking him straight to the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment