Friday, August 13, 2010

Do Not Iron

Luke has been working on potty training for a while now (check out the post "Concept Grasped, Execution Elusive" for the background info) and so we thought that it would be helpful to encourage him with some big boy underwear.  After presenting him with some Mickey Mouse, his current favorite character, I read the back of the packaging.

"Machine wash warm with like colors.  Use only non-chlorine bleach when needed.  Tumble dry low.  Do not iron."

Uh-huh... Already do that... Uh-huh... What?!!!  Seriously, they say "do not iron"?!




I absolutely never in a million years would have considered this something that needed to be done.  I am now wondering who thought it was necessary to put this admonition on the back of the package since I doubt anyone with a toddler/preschooler has much time for laundry let alone ironing. 

Additionally, is there anyone out there who actually irons underwear and needs to hear that these particular pairs should not be subject to the same treatment?  I thought the name said it all when it states "under"wear which clearly means no one is going to see the shamefully disasterous mess of wrinkles.  But then, if we were to get in a car accident like Mom always said...

Maybe I am the only one who doesn't iron their underwear.  This package has now made me feel like I am slacking in my motherly and domestic duties.  Ironically, the package also says, "Now that's the Disney difference!"  Thanks, Disney for giving me unrealistic expectations for hair (my hair refused to look like Ariel's when wet) and now with ironing...

I really want to find out what would happen if I did iron it, though!  Melting Mickey? Firey mess? Excuse to purchase new iron?  Apparently, I'm vulnerable to the power of suggestion.

1 comment:

  1. I can guarantee you my grandma used to iron her underwear. She even ironed her sheets.

    ReplyDelete