Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Things I Never Thought I'd Say

There are things that I never, ever, in a million years thought I would say.  So random, in fact, that I did not even know that they needed to be said.  I've been writing them down lately since they have become a staple in my conversations with two very specific little people.  Here are some of the golden nuggets of wisdom I have passed on lately:

"We do not throw food on the floor for your little brother to eat.  He is not a puppy."

"No, Honey, you can't marry me when you grow up."

"No, pirates can't get in our house."

"Just because it is snowing does not mean that Santa is coming tonight."

No, you can't rename Uncle Mark, Steve."

"Your clothes are not attacking you!"

"We don't show your little brother how to open the sugar tub."

"We don't eat sweet n' low packets."

"You do not cut your brother's hair.  Do not cut your own hair.  Ever ever again."

"Do not lock your brother in the pantry."

"Do not spank your brother.  I don't care what he did, I'll deal with it- not you."

"I'm sorry, but three year olds can't have their own credit cards."

"Darth Vader did not tell you to go over there.  Don't listen to Darth Vader."

"Just because the Lego girls in your video game can jump higher than the boys doesn't mean I can jump higher than Daddy." 

"Honey, we don't climb in the toilet to pee pee."

"Just because you did work yesterday doesn't mean that you don't have to do any today.  We do work everyday." 

"The moon isn't really following us."

I'm sure that I'll have more soon since it really is a daily adventure with them!

1 comment: