Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Things I Have Learned When Traveling

Sorry for the absence in regular posts; I have been traveling and my ability to post is limited at the moment but I'll make up for it next week!  In the meantime, here are things that I have learned when traveling, some courtesy of my children!

1.  A pacifier dropped on takeoff can roll four rows backwards in the airplane. 

2.  Kids are very used to the taste of their own tap water.  In a different area, this can taste different.  Children might think it is going to make them sick when drinking water.

3.  Jet lag is interesting when it comes to naptimes.

4.  The sound of a crowd is deafening when told the flight they are all waiting for has been canceled.  It sounded much like the tornadoes and lightning that canceled the flight which is ironically funny, except of course, if you were on the flight.

5.  Kids don't like baths when traveling.

6.  Bribes are more than acceptable as a parenting strategy on an airplane.

7.  Kids will fall asleep when you have scheduled them to play with other kids due to lesson #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment