Thursday, September 16, 2010

Larry Boy on Sale!

One of Ethan's favorite movies is Veggie Tales:  Larry Boy and the Bad Apple which is about fighting temptation.  It even mentions the temptation of playing too many video games and eating too much chocolate which happen to be Matthew and Stephen's vices, respectively.  And, as I am always a sucker for really good deals, I noticed that it was on sale for $4.99 at christianbook.com.  Click here to check it out. 

My boys very seldom watch television and instead are VeggieTales connoisseurs which makes me happy since I know it is reinforcing what I am trying to teach them.  Especially at this young age, I think it is incredibly important what I allow them to watch; in my psychology classes in college we talked about how research seems to show that personality is set by the time a child turns five years old.  Sometimes, it feel like they don't quite understand everything I try to teach them but I know it is getting in there and that statistic is a huge encouragement to keep trying.  Having them in an environment saturated with God's love is necessary especially at this age to shape their hearts towards the saving grace of Christ Jesus.  So, thank goodness for VeggieTales and even more when they are on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment